Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My version

First of all, I must tell you about our hotel staff. There is a gentleman here by the name of Walleed. He is probably the most intelligent and intuitive man I have ever met. He has taken a "shine" to me. Terry told me she thought he was "mentally challenged". Nice, huh? I think she is just jealous. OK...maybe he was drooling on me a bit too much...but the patting on the head didn't seem to be too much...but OK..perhaps the "petting" of my arm over and over was excessive...but...still...it was male attention, nonetheless.
After the room fiasco, we went to the Old City. As I described in another email it is a photographer's dream...and a shopper's paradise...a historian's playground and heaven/nirvana for those of faith. Linda, you were right...I just LOVE it. We walked for hours and each took a zillion pix. We will create a photo album for you in Picassa and send it later but for now will just include the highlights. The Western Wall was quite moving, even though we were there in 100 degree temps. We will hit it again tomorrow...with plans to go to the Mount of Olives too. I want to go to the Dead Sea, Terry wants to go to Bethlehem. Maybe there will have to be a "parting of the sea"...no pun intended. ha ha.
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment